Studies show that almost 98,000 people die every year due to medical errors made by doctors and other health-care professionals. Medical negligence can occur in any stage of treatment, from initial diagnosis through the performance of surgery.
When mistakes are made, patients and their families are often left with unanswered questions and unexpected results. The Rooth Law Firm has successfully prosecuted a range of medical negligence cases, from misdiagnosis of cancer to surgical errors.
If you or a member of your family feel that substandard care has caused further injury or illness or an aggravation of a pre-existing condition, you may have received negligent treatment and have a right to recover damages.
Some of the types of medical negligence cases The Rooth Law Firm has handled include:
- Birth injuries
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Wound Vac Therapy Complications
- Medication errors
- Nursing errors
- Failure to diagnose appendicitis
- Emergency department errors
- Misinterpretation of x-rays
- Failure to diagnose bacterial meningitis
- Malpractice after botched IUD replacement