Americans have been in love with their cars since the first model hit the road. Since then, we have traveled billions of miles and become dependent on all kinds of motor vehicles to transport us to work, school, shops, malls, restaurants, and more. Driving has become a universal activity and most of us expect to get where we are going and back safely. In fact, we owe it to those we share the road with to obey traffic laws and drive safely. Yet, human error occurs routinely, leading to serious traffic crashes.
Unfortunately, those traffic accidents can result in devastating injuries and deaths. At The Rooth Law Firm, we routinely handle the consequences of serious accidents for our clients through personal injury claims. Where the other party has driven in a negligent or careless manner that results in injuries to others, that party can be held accountable under personal injury law. Our firm is dedicated to aggressively pursuing such claims in order to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible to cover our clients’ medical expenses, loss of income or wages, pain and suffering, vehicle damage, and more. We have assisted untold numbers of individuals and their families in pursuing the justice they need and deserve after being made the victim of another party’s wrongdoing.
Connect with The Rooth Law Firm at (847) 869-9100 or through our online contact form to schedule a free consultation about your case.
Information About Car Accidents
Many causes exist that result in fatalities and injuries for those unfortunate enough to become victims of motor vehicle accidents.
These causes can include:
- Speeding, which is a primary cause, especially for catastrophic injuries and deaths; a speeding car takes much longer to stop making it difficult to avoid crashing into others.
- Distracted driving which diverts your visual, manual, and cognitive senses away from the road. These driving behaviors can consist of texting while driving, talking on a cell phone or to passengers, eating, drinking, grooming, adjusting devices, and more.
- Drunk and/or drugged driving which puts impaired drivers behind the wheel whose faculties are compromised for such a task.
- Fatigued driving; this diminishes your ability to focus, your reaction time, and your alertness.
- Unlawful driving that can consist of running red lights, rolling through stop signs, following too closely, and disobeying other traffic laws.
- Aggressive driving, such as weaving in and out of traffic lanes, cutting off other drivers, and passing where it is unlawful to do so.
The above driving behaviors can result in all types of car accidents, from head-on collisions to side-swipes, rear-end collisions, and multiple-car pileups on expressways and highways. They can result in every kind of injury imaginable, from broken bones to internal injuries, severe whiplash, torn and severed ligaments, back, neck, and shoulder injuries, spinal cord injuries, and brain injuries. These injuries can cause pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of time at work, and even permanent disabilities. You will need financial resources to pay for the medical expenses, rehabilitative treatment, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses associated with your injuries.
When involved in such an accident, it is imperative that you take as much as action as possible if you are able. Your first priority should be to get medical attention. However, if possible take photos of the scene, get witness identification, and write down everything you remember. All facets of the accident will need to reviewed. The Rooth Law Firm can take on this review, evaluation, collecting police reports, medical reports, witness statements, and more to build your case. We have extensive experience in handling such matters.
We also advise that you not accept quick settlement offers from any opposing insurer without getting a legal consultation. Nor should you give any written or tape recorded statements to them. Our firm can advise you on all matters pertaining to your claim. We will do everything possible under the law to help you obtain fair and just compensation, whether through a tough stance at the negotiation table or before a civil court.
Contact us at (847) 869-9100 to make arrangements to discuss your case with our attorney today.